Synaptics Corporate Environmental Policy
Synaptics recognizes the importance of protecting the environment for future generations and ensuring we all can all attain a healthy and enriched life. We reduce our environmental footprint and prevent environmental pollution by complying with all applicable environmental laws and regulations and by continually improving our environmental management systems.
Our policy applies to our operations globally and encompasses the health and safety of our employees, shareholders, investors, suppliers, channel partners and the communities in which we operate.
Oversight is provided by our Synaptics Sustainability Council which is comprised of senior leaders from business and corporate support areas across our organization. It provides guidance and insight on environmental, social and governance matters. The chair is Synaptics’ Chief Sustainability Office who reports to the CEO and the Board of Directors. Beyond the council, all levels of management are committed to the development, implementation and maintenance and ongoing improvement of our environmental, health and safety program.
Our Sustainability Plan provides Synaptics with the framework to address the environmental impact of our activities and products and allows us to identify Significant Aspects and implement Environmental Management Programs to control and improve them.
The objectives of our plan are to:
- Be an environmentally responsible corporate citizen and act promptly to correct conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment.
- Manage and minimize the consumption of energy, water, paper and other resources used by Synaptics in its day-to-day operations.
- Reuse and recycle materials, purchase products made from recycled materials and using recyclable packaging and other materials to conserve natural resources. Maintain recycling and reuse stations at its facilities where relevant.
- Dispose of end-of-life product in an environmentally safe and responsible manner.
- Develop, manufacture, and market products that are safe for their intended use, efficient in their use of energy, protective of the environment, and that can be reused, recycled or disposed of safely.
- Meet or exceed all applicable government requirements and voluntary requirements to which Synaptics subscribes.
- Educate our employees about the steps Synaptics is taking to help protect the environment and providing channels for employees to contribute to our efforts.
- Monitor and continually improve performance to help protect the environment, including pollution prevention, recycling and reuse. We strive to continually improve Synaptics’ Environmental management performance.
Synaptics has established goals in the following key environmental aspects and is taking proactive actions to achieve these targets.
- Reduce GHG Emissions – Reduce our absolute Scope 1 & 2 GHG emissions by 15%, relative to our 2019 baseline year, by 2024.
- Adoption of Renewable Energy - Increase our renewable energy consumption to 50% globally by 2024.
- Reduce Waste Generation – 95% of waste diverted from landfill by 2020, zero waste to landfill by 2025
- Climate Change Management – Improve education, awareness-raising and employee and company capacity on climate change mitigation, adaptation, impact reduction through on-going education and support of employee environmental initiatives.